Thursday, January 24, 2008

quick up date

so here is why i haven't been posting. the nights are dark, and i find myself mid evening dreaming (like day dreaming but in the mid evening) about stress free rides on a open road with no potholes, and a long hard hill i cant seem to top. during the day i work, well get a workoutish. I mean i deliver packages at work. they range from 1oz to a couple hundred pounds that require a forklift. But basically anything under 150 i carry. My average delivery amount for a day is about 70-90 packages/chemicals. Its a chemical company so they unbox the chemicals and log them before i can deliver them. I should note that my deliveries span 2 city blocks, and its all by foot and all in 4 1/2 hours or less. I am also trained on 3 of the 4 mail runs (so i know about 150ish mail stations by heart over a 4 box campus), the receiving dock (and all the deliveries they do(less than i do) but they get to drive the fun fork trucks, i don't :( ), and other basic mail room related things. I make crap for money, but i like the job because I NEVER have work to do at home. once 3ish hits i am GONE! in the summer its nice, but winter am indifferent. i walk an average of about 5-7 miles a day at work, and for a lot of it, i am either carrying something or dragging a overly loaded cart around. Yeah fun.

As soon as the morning temp is around +5 i will be riding again. I cant justify riding in sub zero degrees because i have that much better of a chance to get sick and screw my spring training over. O i am also on a low cal(ish), no taste diet. It sucks, but its saving me money. I now make my lunch instead of buying an overly price greasy lunch at work.

so that is my life as it stands. I am going riding Saturday reguardless the weather. I also really wanna try the Tour of Chicago, but i can't (for certian unsaid reasons) skip church again. no i am not worried that my soul will burn forever if i miss church (i miss enough that if that was true i am ROYALLY SCREWED!!!!), its very different reasons. Maybe if all works out i can explain it to you very few who read this later.

Night all YOU few who read this, or is it good day. I guess it depends on when you read it.

No comments: