Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Long Over Due

Since my attempt to stay off the bike for a few weeks failed, i guess i will post. For Christmas i received, and have been using (the reason for the failed attempt) a trainer. Not a personal trainer, like i am that lucky. But instead a trainer to ride my bike on, and i am. i am riding my bike often, yet still not often enough. can one ride it often enough? i don't think so. For Christmas i also received a new pair of Lake Boots. *for a link look in the last post, i am too lazy to repost a link, so sue me!* I, for the third year in a row, failed to make any of the New Years Rides i had planned. I did have a good New Years, but this isn't the place to talk about this. (get your mind out of the gutter, i too much of a gentleman for any thing a dirty mind can think of.)

So my current plan is, to stay off the bike for one more day, and get back on the 3rd. There is 4 reasons for this: 1) i need a new rear wheel for my old road bike. (the old one got was created into the rear wheel for the single speed cross bike.) 2) in my job (note to come later on my job) there should be A LOT!!!! to do, and i will be pretty tired. 3) i could use one more day off to relax, and eat junk food 4) because who is going to tell me differently?

Now the note on the job, i hate my job, i need a new job. Any job is better then the job i have now. I make crap for money, i work part-time, and its a crappy job. While i will work any job, i do have a few simple requirements. I must make decent money, work full time (with benefits) -first shift work- (i ride in the evenings), and only work weekdays (i race on weekends). I am qualified to do many different kinds of work, and i learn very quickly. If you noticed, the type of work doesn't matter if they requirements are met, the job does matter if the requirements can't be met.

But on a happy note, i am VERY excited to begin track, and road season. The Mountain bike season i am slightly worried about. with the job thing the way it is, my plans for bikes are in flux. there is several possibilities of how stuff could work, and we will see what arises.

Until next time kiddos, take care.

1 comment:

julie said...

my best advice on job hunts is don't wait for it to find you- go out and make it happen. maybe poke around where you already work and see if they can transfer you to a different position!