Sunday, January 13, 2008

Long Over Due 1

I hope you are ready for another rambling post; because here it goes.


I made the first Half Acre Cycling team ride in Chicago. O yeah, drum roll please...... I AM ON HALF ACRE CYCLING!!! wooooooooooot I am finally officially on a team. WOOT WOOT!!!


ok back to the team ride, we had 4 total flats, i only had 1. It was a dirty, wet, flithy ride. Basically it was a what a typical January ride is ment to be, minus the snow. It was fun, annoying, and i can't wait until i can do it again. (thanks to kevin for a place to shower and chill after the ride)


next was a mountain bike ride with my friend chris at pets in Kenosha. it was raining the whole time, and since we had a tornado the day before, it was a very interesting ride. We were either riding on left over ice, mud, or though rivers that used to be trails. it was a kick ass ride with a friend i don't really get to see enough. and again i choose the WRONG GLOVE!!! GRRR that is twice in 1 months i have screwed up my glove choice.


the last ride of this post is a ben popper special. Its called, or i am calling it, the popper ride of pain. I believe he wanted to see how much pain he could inflect before we called uncle. it involved 13+ stories of climbing, and a lot of riding straight into a head wind. this was another ride in Chicago, but there was no flats (as in tires), WOOT! and for once, i choose the right gloves WOOT WOOT!!


anyways, i will soon be dieting or attempting, drinking better ie more water, and riding more. Most of my ride this time of year will be solo since all my group ride have been in chicago. the winter riding scene in WI isn't too big, so solo i will go.


that is it for now. I ride, i try (to get a date), and i survive.

1 comment:

julie said...

i laughed my ass off at that parking garage ride. way to go, sorta.