Saturday, June 7, 2008

67 and 2

Saturday was a HARD day of riding with Pro riding Ben Popper. I emailed Ben to see if he wanted to ride something other than the Lake Shore Path, and he joyfully agreed. Seeing how Ben is a master at creating routes, and he needed the training, and I just wanted to ride. Ben created a nice 67 mile route starting at my house. The only problem with the route was the first 30 miles was into into a 20+ mph wind. The second half of the route was very fast. I must now note that Ben's route followed a bike route, nearly perfectly. I must also note that Ben, with only a small front ring, kicked my butt the whole ride.

Sunday, was the Big Ring Classic, aka WORS 3. I took off WAY too fast trying to be the first to the single track, not knowing that there was about 3 miles before the single track started. So I burned out a little earlier than i wanted. I did manager to recover and and finish only 40 seconds behind the leader, the same guy who beat me by over 7 minutes in the previous race. It was a successful race over all.

This week has been a week of rest of me. As of Saturday evening, I have only been on a bike once, and that was on a mountain bike Thursday.

Until next time....

2 comments:

Ben said...

My riding is anything but professional, either way it was still a great ride.

julie said...

yay! way to make some big improvements at wors! the more time you log on singletrack, the better it gets... which is exactly why i suck at it.