Thursday, May 29, 2008

Good Week

This week has been a good week. I won my first fixed gear track race. It was a 3 lap scratch race and i won by a few meters, or at least that is what the guy in second place told me. the rest of the night was ok, nothing special.

the second part is a lot better. i just received this email

Dear Racer,

Congratulations! You have qualified for the 2008 USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships scheduled for July 16-20, 2008 at Mount Snow Resort in West Dover, VT.

in only 2 race in my life i qualified for nationals. i am debating on going. and i know its nothing special to qualify, thousands of people do it yearly, but racing in VT, sounds like sooo much fun.

anyways this week i am racing WORS 3 in Wausau. anyone else wanna go? I am heading up saturday and camping up there until the race on sunday. normally i would drive, but i dont want to drive that much on sunday, and a preride would be wonderful!.

Until next post.

PS this wasnt editted or reread

3 comments:

What Do I Feel Like Riding today? said...

dude, do the Time Trial Saturday morning. Its its by the bong recreation area in Kenosha on 142. You'll still make it to Wausau w/plenty of time to preride and camp.

Ben said...

Sweet show on the track! MTB nats would be rad, I'd like to go, but with all this airline raising this and taking away that, I need to save my flights for the fall. It is a completely different race in real mountains, it'd be rad!

julie said...

look at you, fancypants national qualifier!