Thursday, December 6, 2007

So I am crazy


My mother came out to watch her first cyclocross race on Sunday. Sunday happened to be the Wisconsin State Championship Race. After the race she said i really was nuts, but she kinda thought so before because of how much i ride in the summer. Anyways the race went as follows; it was snowy, wet, raining, and cold. If that wasn't enough my shoes aren't water proof and i choose, for some odd reason, to wear shorts. The race started great, i some how sprinted past 40 something people into second. * my theory for the day, why not make someone else pass me, instead of making me pass them, and o did they pass me later on.* But shortly after starting i made mistake one, i didn't preride. In the 3rd or 4th turn lead to a sand pit, and if you stayed inside you were fine, but i went outside, and lost 5 spots. I had to put a lot of effort into not falling (mistake 2) and i started the blow up of Tim. After a barriers and a run up, i filled into line(mistake 3). I got passed by 3 or 4 people as the course was slick and people right in front of me were going down (mistake 4). Than came a long, not so steep, yet very slick, no well traveled yet, where i decided to power up (mistake 5). But as i powered i had to go though untraveled snow (the kind of snow that you kill your legs on) and killed my legs(mistake 6). The rest of the lap was uneventful.

My mom, later told me, I looked good during lap one, like i was going to die in lap two, and like i was going to make it during lap three. Well as you can guess my legs popped on the hill and run up on lap one, so during lap 2 i was HURTING!!!!!! But i did manage to recover somewhat, and finish 36 of 48 (if you call that recovering). O did i forget to say i also successfully called that i was only going to fall twice, and only did fall twice (mistake 7 and 8), on cold, wet, hard snow in the rain with only shorts on?

The rest of the day i spend in a nonstop cycle of getting my feet numb and wet and about to fall off, to heating and drying them off, to getting them wet again. Normally i would have left, but i had to use my "voice that echoes" those Ben's head during his race to cheer him on.

But on to the fun stuff, after talking to/with Julie and Andy, i decided, since i never shift during a cross race, why not race single speed. BY random chance... (whistle to self) this would also allow me to race in the Single Speed Nationals in less than 2 weeks. I haven't registered yet, but i really wanna go, i am just not sure where to stay, and i REALLY!!! don't want to make a 8 hour drive by myself. SO NOTICE TO ALL!!! (i should say to all 4 of you who read this) if you know a place i can stay, and someone who needs someone to drive with, we can even take my car (it has 2 internal bike mounts) LET ME KNOW SOON!!! i need to sign up by midnight Saturday. I plan on asking for Next Friday and the following Monday off. Anyways, I will be racing my semi-finished converted to single speed cross bike on Sunday at the Flatlanders (IL) State Race. There is a few things left to do on the bike, but I have all next week to get them done.

PEACE YO!!

PS here is a picture Amanda took of me Sunday.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Tim.
get a hold of me, send me an email, i think I know someone who needs a ride. benpopper at sbcglobal dot net