Saturday, December 1, 2007

Am offically CRAZY!!!

While i have figured I was crazy for a while now, today made it official. Today i went on a club ride (no I am not on a team, its a club of people who ride) and we hit up the Des Plains River Trail. The ride started out cold at 27 degrees. The first half of the ride to Starbucks in Libertyville, IL wasn't too bad. My EXTRA HOT!!!! cafe mocha and warm sandwich assisted in my thawing process. This is the point in time i should note that i don't have booties or shoe cover and i didn't wear any thing other than thin tights and i didn't have anything to cover my face, only my ears.

The ride back (36 miles round trip, so 13ish miles each way) started with a flurry of 2 in the air. Knowing it takes some times for my legs to warm up, i hopped out front and spun my legs up to warmth. About the time my legs where no longer numb from sitting in Starbucks but not to the point of even mildly being warm it started to snow pretty good. While most of the trail you are sheltered by woods, there are several place that you are FULLY exposed. And being my dumb self i, still being out front, had my face pelted with hard snowflakes. These were not the gently falling snowflakes you artfully and creatively dance around in a feeble attempt to caught one on your tongue, but rather the type of snowflakes that you run and hide from. Because if these snowflakes created by the devil. For when they hit you, you fear they will slowly rip the flesh off your body until you are a pill of bones. For the first o lets say 9 miles on the way back, i have very little protection from the devil created snowflakes because the group i was with wouldn't caught me. But when they did they made me go out front. CURSES!!!!!

So off the front i go again, in a somewhat half-asses attempt to speed to my car. Once i finally reached my car, i found out i didn't shut the door all the way. It was just shut enough to turn off the lights so my car would start, but just open enough to let the entire drive side door to be covered in snow. CURSES!!!!! (number 2) The drive home wasn't bad, only took an extra 30 mins because people stayed out in the summer sun to long and let the sun bake away any knowledge they had about driving in the winter.

Summary, 36 miles, 13 in snow, didn't shut the door on my car enough, need to buy booties, and warm leggings, excited for tomorrow state cross race (the next blog will explain this), and i am sleepy.

1 comment:

julie said...

ok, Tim, great that you have a blog, but now POST SOMETHING dammit!